Voted #1 Dental Center
Thank you for stopping by. We are so glad you did!
Whether you’re visiting Forest Dental for the first time or have been with us for years, you’ll receive the same dedicated service time and time again. We pride ourselves on punctuality and friendliness; as well as ensuring our patients have a full understanding of their dental treatment from start to finish. As our patients can attest, we aim to exceed their expectations.
Our diverse team of dentists has extensive training from Canada to Mexico and across the United States. They aim to keep you fully informed about every aspect of your treatment starting from day one. On your first visit to Forest Dental Center your dentist will meet with you to gain a comprehensive understanding of your medical and dental history, a clinical examination of your mouth with an oral cancer screening and a periodontal assessment. When you leave the office your dentist will know everything they need to maintain the health of your mouth.
What Patients Are Smiling About
"Forest Dental has been such a blessing to our family! I wish other offices would be as professional... you've gone above and beyond."
“I hadn’t been to the dentist in ten years. Forest Dental had their work cut out for them, but they made my day!”
“I was referred here by a friend. They told me it was like a day spa! Everyone is so friendly.”
“I’ll tell you one thing, you guys are good!”
“I love your work, I love this dentist...wow I can’t believe I just said that!”
"It’s great to have a dentist that will joke around with you and not be so serious.”
Thank you for getting me in so quickly and for sending the paperwork ahead, all of which made my first visit to Forest Dental like going to “Cheers!” Ya know…”where everybody knows your name"
Dr. Brian McAvoy
- Founded Forest Dental Center in 2001 along with Cari Zello.
- Graduated from The University of Richmond with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology.
- Completed course work for Masters in Biology at the University of Richmond .
- Graduated from the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry in 1987.
- Member of First Presbyterian Church of Lynchburg.
- Mentor Professor at the Free Clinic of Central of Virginia.
- Founded Dentistry From The Heart of Lynchburg,Virginia along with Cari Zello in 2007.
- Member of the American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, and Academy of General Dentistry since 1987.
- Enjoys Travel, gardening, boating, fishing, photography and cooking.
- Eagle Scout with two Palms.
- Member of the Board of Directors of New Covenant Schools.
- Enjoys a very active life in Lynchburg with his daughter, Laura McAvoy, and fiancé, Amy Reaves.
- Completed thousands of hours of continuing education with an emphasis on Cosmetic Dentistry, Customer Service and most recently Oxygen/Ozone Therapy.
Dr. Joshua Binder
- Practicing in central Virginia since 2002.
- Joined the practice as a partner in 2006.
- Received a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the College of William and Mary in 1997.
- Attended the Medical College of Virginia and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 2001.
- Continued his education at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry and received an Advanced Education in General Dentistry degree in 2002.
- Served as an associate dentist in Dillwyn, Virginia for 4 years prior to relocating to Lynchburg.
- Member of the American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry and an active volunteer at the Lynchburg Free Clinic.
- Past president of the Farmville Dental Study Club.
- Active in his pursuit of dental education completing many hours of continuing education in order to maintain updated and current dental information.
- Married in 2001 and adopted a beautiful daughter from China in 2010.
- Enjoys playing tennis, reading and spending time with his family.
Dr. Dan Yeager
- Graduated summa cum laude from Lynchburg College with a Bachleor of Science in Biomedical Sciences in 2008.
- Awarded as Scholar by the Hinman Dental Society in 2011.
- Recognized by the Academy of Operative Dentistry for Outstanding Achievement in Operative Dentistry in 2012.
- Graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry with a Doctor of Dental Surgery in 2012.
- Completed coursework for Oral Conscious Sedation at DOCS Education in 2012.
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry, Virginia Dental Association and American Dental Association since 2012.
- Dedicated volunteer dentist for the Missions of Mercy Projects throughout the State of Virginia.
- Active volunteer dentist at Free Clinic of Central Virginia.
- Resides in Bedford with his wife Victoria.
- Thoroughly enjoys exercising, cooking, music and fishing.
Dr. Katerina Ashland
- Born in Minsk, Belarus
- Attended Minsk State Medical University in Belarus and graduated Summa Cum Laude. Earned DMD degree and awarded a Diploma of Excellence from Minsk Medical University for Academic performace in 1999.
- Practiced as a pediatric dentist at Mogilev District Pediatric Dental Clinic Mogilev, Belarus 1999-2001
- In June 2001, volunteered for American-Belarussian Relief Organization to escort a group of Belarussian orphans from areas polluted by the Chernobyl Nuclear Power plant disaster to the U.S. for medical and dental services. Served as an interpreter and chaperone for the children.
- Married Keith Ashland from Coventry, CT and immigrated to the USA in 2001
- Worked as a dental assistant at the Dental Office of Dr. Harold A. Kadish in Vernon, Ct 2003-2008
- Graduated from University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine with a DMD degree in 2011 with honors
- Received The American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry Student Award of Merit for outstanding achievement in the pursuit of excellence in the undergraduate study of Esthetic Dentistry
- Received The American College of Prosthodontists Award for outstanding undergraduate achievement in the study of Prosthodontics
- Received The American Academy of Periodontology Award for outstanding achievement in Periodontics
- Received The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology award for greatest interest and accomplishment in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Completed the Advance Education in General Dentistry Program at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry in June of 2012
- Active volunteer for the Mission of Mercy Projects in the State of Virginia presently and in the State of Connecticut in the past
- Volunteered to perform dental services for Connecticut Special Olympics athletes
- Volunteered to provide dental service to the underserved population at local community health center in Kalispell, MT
- ADA member
- Member of UConn General Dentistry Interest Group 2009-2011
- Member of American Student Dental Association 2008-2011
- Recently moved to the Lynchburg area from Connecticut
- Joined Forest Dental Center in September of 2012
- Enjoy fitness training, gardening, travel, music, theater and reading
- Attended Eastern Washington University in 1979
- Has worked in the dental industry since 1989
- Taught dental management and administrative training in Virginia Beach from 1999-2001
- Served 6 years active duty in the United States Navy
- Co-founder of Dentistry from the Heart annual event
- Married to Keith Zello since January 1982 (Retired Veteran)
- Mother of four handsome boys: Ryan, Kris, Nathan,Cameron and one adorable grandson, Ayden.
- Member of the American Academy of Dental Office Managers
- Member of Timerlake United Methodist Church
- Active Member of Philanthropical Education Organization Chapter (Bettering Women's Education)
- Active in the Rebuilding Together organization
- Loves cooking, reading, gardening, tennis, family and friends